Due to COVID-19, events may be modified or postponed for everyone’s safety.
- This event has passed.
White Tank Mountains Regional Connectivity Initiative Speaker Series: Session #1
October 20 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
What’s at Stake: White Tank Mountains, a Sonoran Desert Legacy
Where: Join via Zoom / Registration required HERE.
Hosted by White Tank Mountains Conservancy (WTMC) and Central Arizona Conservation Alliance (CAZCA)
Join us for a regional perspective on the values of the White Tank Mountains as open space in Maricopa County, with a summary on the unique biodiversity of the region. The WTMC will provide a short history on the Regional Connectivity Initiative and the connectivity imperative to keep the White Tank Mountains wild. Local experts will join us to discuss current research on wildlife movement in the region, and how building communities around the natural environment can leverage many ecosystem services that enhance the quality of life in local communities.
- Sidney Ashby, Poet / Student
- Annia Quiroz, Central Arizona Conservation Alliance, Engagement Coordinator
- Dana Warnecke, White Tank Mountains Conservancy, Biological Consultant
- Scott Sprague, Arizona Game and Fish Department, Project Manager/Road Ecologist
- Kaela Hamilton, Arizona State University, Graduate Student
- Dr. Paul J. Coseo, Arizona State University, Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture / Senior Sustainability Scientist